We just celebrated Mothers Day, and Fathers Day isnt far behind. Since 1910, Fathers Day has been celebrated on the third Sunday in June throughout the United States. It was recognized as an official holiday in 1972.
Now is the time to choose the perfect gift for dear old dad. Whether your father is more like Atticus Finch or TS Garp, a well chosen book could be just the present youre looking for.Books about Hobbies
Books about hobbies often make excellent gifts. And dont just stop with the how-to books. Consider memoirs or biographies of people involved in the same hobby.
- Fishing is both an art and a sport. FromCompleat Angler to famous bass fishing lore, fishing offers plenty of captivating reads for anyone who loves the rod and reel.
- Anyone looking to improve his golf swing will find plenty of guides from the pros. Icons like Tom Watson, John Daly, Greg Norman, and Arnold Palmer have all contributed to golf literature.
- If your father is a shutterbug, then books about art and photography are a natural choice. Look for collections that capture a favorite city or region.
- Avid readers may appreciate a work of fiction by a favorite author.
Books about Dads Favorite Subjects
Books are truly passports to lifelong learning. Help your father delve into his favorite subjects.
- History buffs will appreciate books about presidents or about significant events such as the lunar landing.
- Both amateur and professional scientists enjoy books about various branches of the field, from astronomy to zoology.
- Pop culture aficionados will like books that tie in with movies, such as Ian Flemings James Bond books .
Regardless of your fathers interests, rare books are an ideal gift. For more Fathers Day gift ideas, peruse our signed books or key categories for discerning collectors.