Today kicks off Childrens Book Week! Since 1919, the event has been celebrated across the country in schools, libraries, bookstores, and everywhere else children can discover a love of reading. As adult readers, we remember those childrens books that were truly magical.Heres a list of our five favorite childrens authors.
- Dr. Seuss: This master of tongue twisters wrote and illustrated countless childrens classics. Dr. Seuss is undoubtedly the best known and most well loved childrens author of the modern age.
- Shel Silverstein: The Giving Tree captures hearts generation after generation, and Silverstein composed hilarious poetry that tickles the funny bone in readers of all ages.
- Beatrix Potter: The tales of Peter Rabbit, Mr. Toad, and friends pair delicate illustrations with whimsical stories. Potter was a prolific author, leaving us with over 20 classic tales.
- AA Milne: Who can forget Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh, and the Hundred Acre Wood? The works of AA Milne always inspire our imagination.
- Cornelia Funke: Funke writes for children of all ages, with both picture books and young adult novels to her name. Her ability to captivate us with fantasy truly sets her apart.
- Were also quite fond of authors who have earned,